Monday, September 19, 2011

Reflections on my trip

There is always a re-entry period after a trip.  It includes unpacking, doing laundry and reflecting on the trip.  Some things I did while in Sedona but didn't comment on:

I explored galleries while in Sedona and learned a few things.

Druzy is a thin layer of quartz crystals covering the surface of a host gem.  It creates a section of minute crystals which take on the color of the host gem giving it a feeling of added texture.

I found I liked mesquite wood inlay with turquoise.  Actually, it could be any wood and any object--cutting board, table, bowl.

Horsehair pottery is interesting for the texture and patterns created.  Add inlay of metal leaf and the effect is quite beautiful.

Sorry, no pictures this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment