Sunday, October 16, 2011

After the performance...

Yesterday's video worked!  One more step in the technology learning curve.

After the performance, which involved pouring hot iron on paper covered, wet cement, and after the iron had cooled, I collected a few of the pieces.   They are below.  Lots of biomorphic shapes with long tendrils.  One of them reminds me of a gecko.






  I then used them to create rust marks on paper by soaking the paper in water with the iron pieces on top.  The resulting marks and shapes reflect the iron pieces, but have their own character.  I have used rust in my recent art work so this is an extension of that inquiry.

There is one more step in the process.  You will have to stay tuned for the result.  I will post it tomorrow.



Below are four 4 x 6 inch postcards to be.




I have been sending (and receiving) artist postcards for the last three years to (and from) my critique group.  We are 5 artists who have been meeting for 15 years. The group has been active that long, but  some members joined after the group first formed.

No comments:

Post a Comment